Thursday, August 3, 2017

GEEF VOOR NEW WAVE



January the 28th, 1978, and I got my first record player for my 13th birthday.... I also got a bunch of coupons with which I could buy records from my family and aunts and uncles and I had enough to buy 5 albums.... I bought Never Mind The Bollocks from The Sex Pistols, Lust For Life from Iggy Pop, No More Heroes from The Stranglers... I saw a weird album, 4 guys in make-up, on with blood coming out of his mouth... 13 Years old in 1978... So I bought the Kiss live II album and I bought this album, Geef Voor New Wave (Give For New Wave) and it's the oldest record in my collection, the others have long since vanished.... It only came out in Holland, in 1977, apparently you had to donate some money (says on the cover that that money will be donated to "New Wave Artists) and you could win a trip to London, punks Mekkah in 1977....

All very vague.... A curious album too, lot's of great punk bands from that time, Johnny Moped, X Ray Spex, The Adverts, The Sex Pistols and others but what is an old rock band like Earth Quake doing on this album????

Beats me....

I can only say that this is one of the albums that drew me into punk which drew me into a life of madness in a very short time.... Rotterdam, the whole punk scene, living in squad houses, the violence, the drugs, the craziness, the concerts and the sheer intensity of it all.....

But that is another story.....

A1 –Rubinoos Rock And Roll Is Dead
A2 –The Motors Dancing The Night Away
A3 –Johnny Moped No One
A4 –Eddie And The Hot Rods Do Anything You Wanna Do
A5 –The Adverts Gary Gilmore's Eyes
A6 –Generation X Your Generation
A7 –X-Ray Spex Oh Bondage Up Yours!
A8 –Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers Anything That's Rock 'n' Roll
B1 –Jonathan Richman Roadrunner
B2 –Sex Pistols Pretty Vacant
B3 –Motörhead Motorhead
B4 –Dwight Twilley Band I'm On Fire
B5 –Radiators From Space Television Screen
B6 –Radio Stars Dirty Pictures
B7 –Earth Quake Trainride


GET IT HERE






enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment